Moving at the Speed of Light to Serve You
No one likes to be left in the cold. But this is exactly what can happen when your heater fails and contractors take their sweet time to respond.
Fast response has and always will be a top priority at All-Star Service. We treat heating issues as emergencies because that’s exactly what they are. Not only are your comfort and health at risk when your heater stops working, but the cost of burst pipes can be detrimental to your finances. That’s why, when you call us for help, we respond swiftly to assess your heater, discuss your options and quickly get your home warm again. Our licensed technicians undergo refresher training regularly and know how to properly service all major makes and models of furnaces, boilers and heat pumps.
When Do I Need Heating Repair?
If you notice something out of the ordinary with your heater, then there’s likely something wrong with it. Decades of experience have taught us that the longer a heating issue lingers, the more it will cost to ultimately treat it. That’s why, if you notice anything unusual with your furnace, boiler or heat pump, it’s better to call a professional sooner rather than later.
There are a number of red flags to look out for with your heater, including:
- Unusual sounds. If the usual hum of your heater has been replaced with banging and rattling noises, this indicates a problem that needs to be corrected. Something might have gotten stuck inside the unit or there can be a loose part that needs to be tightened. Either way, you’ll want a professional to repair the unit to prevent additional damage.
- Insufficient heat. When push comes to shove, your heater should be keeping you warm and comfortable. If the unit isn’t generating enough heat, there’s something wrong with it.
- Abnormally high energy bills. Have your bills gone up even though your usage hasn’t? Any issue that’s inhibiting the efficiency of your unit is going to be reflected in your utility bills. If you’ve noticed a recent spike in your heating costs, contact us to examine your heater and determine what the problem is.
- Rapid on/off cycling. Your heater should operate slowly but steadily. Constant cycling indicates a mechanical problem that needs to be addressed. If the system continues to constantly turn on and off, this can burn out the motor and lead to more serious damage.
- Faulty thermostat. If you find yourself constantly adjusting the thermostat, there can be an issue with either the thermostat or the heater. Double-check to make sure the batteries on the thermostat don’t need to be replaced. If the problem persists, you’ll know it’s time to call a professional.
During a onsite estimate, we will advise you on whether your heater can be repaired or if you should consider replacing it. Our recommendation will be based on a number of factors, such as how old the unit is, how serious the problem is, etc. No matter what we suggest, you can rest easy knowing we will always recommend what’s financially best for you, not for us. This level of transparency and trust is why we continually earn positive reviews from our customers.
Prevent Emergency Repairs With Seasonal Maintenance
You might not be able to control every little thing about your heater. But you can certainly increase the chances it will perform as optimally as possible for as long as possible.
Seasonal maintenance is your best bet for a lasting, reliable heater. During an inspection, our certified technicians know exactly what to look for. They will perform minor adjustments such as changing out the filter, tightening the electrical connections and more. If they discover a problem with your unit, they’ll share their findings with you and perform the necessary repair with your approval. This is the most reliable and effective way to correct minor mechanical issues before they can spiral into major and expensive repairs.
To give our customers year-round protection and peace of mind, we offer the All-Star Service Plan that covers your heating, cooling, electrical and plumbing equipment at one affordable cost. Plus, in the event your heater does need to be repaired, plan members are automatically entitled to repair service discounts.
Cut Out the Cold With All-Star
Indiana winters are brutal enough. The last thing you need is a cold home that makes you want to crawl under a blanket or leave your home altogether. Count on our technicians to quickly step in and get your heater working again. Most of our repairs can be completed in one day and we’ll work our magic to fully restore your heat in rapid time.